Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Simple Food! My Ethic.

I love food. Its pretty simple. My food ethic is one of simple ingredients put together well. That's it. Food is amazing. It is something that we do every day because we have to. But that doesn't mean it shouldn't excite us - in fact, its for that very reason that we should look forward to it. Food is an experience that can involve all five of our senses. We love the look of food, the smell, the texture, the taste and even the way it sounds on the plate and in our mouths. Its brilliant!

It really annoys me when I hear people saying they "CAN'T" cook. A recipe is a set of instructions in a simple order. If you cant follow simple instructions, I wonder how you do the more complicated things that you need to do in life. Cooking a skill like any other skill - you need to learn it. But its not a hard skill to pick up and anybody can do it. You'll be surprised at some of the amazing foods you can make right now with only four ingredients in them!

And I know that its a daily necessity (or we would die) but I don't think there is any excuse to eat crap (aside from occasionally as the necessity arises). I know a lot of people who think that cooking is a hassle. Or they don't have time. Or they hate doing dishes. Or they think that cooking comes from a packet. But good quality home cooking is much simpler than people seem to remember. And cheaper.

We get sold ideas sometimes that pre-packaged food is cheaper than what we can make at home ourselves. That's almost never the case. Its certainly never going to taste better than what you can make with a little know-how. And that's what I'm here for. I'm going to try to show you how to cook simple, beautiful food that isn't expensive and that will excite your senses!

Come along, I want your feedback on the things I do as I am here to learn too!


No comments:

Post a Comment